Catalog your homeIf you're like us, you have managed to create your own mini-library of books, magazines, games, CDs, software titles, and movies. It is difficult to sort through all of them to see which ones you have on file, or to find where you last shelved a particular one. Librarian Pro is a complete personal inventory system!
Organize and manage your collectionOrganize items into smart collections, add them to the in-program Amazon shopping cart, mark them as lent out to friends, and even export for the web or your iPod! Librarian Pro also supports importing from other cataloging applications like Delicious Library and DVDpedia.
Auto-fill from AmazonSearch for items in-program on Amazon by author, artist, title, and keyword. Details will automatically fill into new items - including product images! Additionally, up to five Amazon reviews are also retrieved for your reading pleasure. Afterward, even add your own reviews!
Versatile cross-platform compatibilityLibrarian Pro's databases are fully compatible with both the Mac OS X and Windows versions. Additionally, one license will grant activation for both copies of the application. Download the free fifteen day trial and have serenity return to your media collections.
Pro-user features made easy
- Organize items into smart collections
- Create multiple databases for different locations
- Reload details for items from Amazon
- View a borrowed items list
- Filter out duplicate inventory items
- Shop on Amazon from within the program
- Compatible with Amazon Canada, USA, United Kingdom, Japan, Germany and France
- Sleek Mac-like modern feel and controls
- View item details on the fly in the main window
- Display items in list or icon mode
- Import from Delicious Library
- Import from DVDpedia, Bookpedia, CDpedia, Gamepedia
- Import iTunes Albums
- Import Borrowers from Address Book (Mac OS X)
- Export to the web
- Export to your iPod
- Manage a list of borrower accounts
- Create records for software, music, movies, games, and books!
- Review items with a five-star system
Licenses to suit your needs
Single-user or One Computer
|More details on license types can be found on our License FAQ.|
|Apps For Macs||Create Magazine|
"Extremely user-friendly and compatible with third parties. Can seamlessly import all sorts of data from Address Book, Delicious Library, iTunes, and even Amazon! I honestly couldn't be more impressed." — Donna Peters
"This app made having my own home library not only so much easier, but also a lot of fun. I can lend out movies or books to friends without needing to worry about remembering who has what. It's all right here in the app." — David Love
"I love how you can just straight-up scan things in with the barcode scanner. So simple and friendly. Delicious Library is a thing of the past for me after using this one. I think I need to settle down 'cause I'm about to go and recommend this to everyone I know at this rate." — Kelly Nethers
"There's a comfort in knowing that all your possessions are categorized and logged neatly all in one place. My house got broken into a couple of years back and I only wish I'd had this app to look back on and figure out what was missing after the fact. So incredibly useful and easy to apply to your every day life. I swear I'll never live another day without it." — Justin Gus
"Delicious Library really limits what you can do with it once you've actually put a collection into the database. Librarian Pro has no limits whatsoever. I think I've officially been converted… so long, Delicious. It's been fun." — Jesse Man
"No limits. I was sold on this one the first time I ever used it. You can make your databases as simple or as complicated as you like - the limits here are entirely up to you. Another bonus is that it's compatible with both Mac and Windows. I'm just waiting for an iOS version to take with me on the go and my life will be complete. Keep at it, Koingo. You guys are wonderful." — Ashleigh Black
"This isn't just an inventory system. It's an incredible one. Better than anything else I've ever used. Not only is it superior to Delicious Library in my opinion, it's also compatible with it - how can you argue with that? This app has saved me so much time and stress I feel the least I can do is write it a golden review. 10/10 and two thumbs up here for sure." — Luke Jackson
"Beautiful, incredibly user-friendly interface. Does everything that other home inventory apps do and then some. I don't feel any need at all to search for an alternative to compare to like I have before with other apps. I believe I've reached the end of the road here after finding this one and the view is breathtaking. Highly, highly recommended." — Marie Jenkins
"You can use this app for anything, not just movies and books! I was very pleasantly surprised when I discovered the dynamics of this app and all the possibilities that came with it. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I'm glad I do now. I won't be using anything else for as long as I live." — Bary Dickins
"I can't believe how much this app doesn't even compare with its competition. It blows them all right out of the water, no questions asked. Even Delicious Library takes a backseat to Librarian Pro, and I've used Delicious forever. Looks like it's out with the old and in with the new and absolutely brilliant." — Ashton Bates
Detailed list of changes
- Version 3.x is a $15.95 paid upgrade from version 2.x and earlier. If you already own a 3.x license, just download this update. No payment required. For everyone else, please visit our upgrades store for a free or paid upgrade as well as more information.
- Version 3.x is designed for Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows XP or later. Versions for older systems can now be downloaded on our web site.
- Version 3.0.4 — August 19, 2013
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.5): Allow downloading item images in bulk in the main window.
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.5): Selection rect for borrower icons in Gallery mode.
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.5): Auto-fill from web features in Inventory Manager don't work.
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.5): European decimals (comma: ,) when entering list price, etc. do not get honoured as a decimal when saving DB. Why?
- Modification: Dramatically improved memory consumption when loading items in Gallery mode.
- Bug Fix: Fixed Bookpedia import crash.
- Bug Fix: Fixed Auto Fill toolbar button in web Finder not activating.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a thread crash when exporting to HTML.
- Bug Fix: Added feature to change the preferred search query text for View On Amazon, etc. to barcodes instead of item titles (see Preferences-Item).
- Version 3.0.3 — August 16, 2013
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.4): Allow downloading item images in bulk in the main window.
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.4): Selection rect for borrower icons in Gallery mode.
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.4): Auto-fill from web features in Inventory Manager don't work.
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.4): European decimals (comma: ,) when entering list price, etc. do not get honoured as a decimal when saving DB. Why?
- New Feature: Option to turn off alphabetically sorting of web search results.
- New Feature: Web Finder now has a drop down menu to search by UPC,Title,ISBN,etc.
- New Feature: Web search is now smart. If the search text is numeric then a search will be performed for ISBN/upc/ean, etc.
- New Feature: Music track durations in the editor are now shown in a more human-readable format for hours/min/sec.
- New Feature: Web finder results with empty titles are now removed from results.
- New Feature: When displaying item titles, the word 'the' now appears at the end.
- New Feature: Upgraded user interface in Tracks editor of Music items to allow searching once again and now with a modern toolbar.
- Bug Fix: Editing track details now no longer updates the wrong track info in memory.
- Bug Fix: Fixed Currency Symbols in Summary.
- Bug Fix: Sort By menu restored.
- Version 3.0.2 — August 14, 2013
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.3): Allow downloading item images in bulk in the main window.
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.3): Selection rect for borrower icons in Gallery mode.
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.3): Auto-fill from web features in Inventory Manager don't work.
- New Feature: Automatically downloads item images in Web Finder
- New Feature: Back/Next menu key combos work in Web Finder
- Enhancement: Less complicated toolbar icons for Web Finder
- Modification: Web Finder no longer a floating window
- Modification: Now chooses the best image resolution from BestBuy
- Bug Fix: Fixed Studio typo.
- Bug Fix: Showing the Web Finder window when it is already open in the background no longer destroys the search query.
- Version 3.0.1 — August 13, 2013
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.2): Allow downloading item images in bulk in the main window.
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.2): Selection rect for borrower icons in Gallery mode.
- Unfinished (coming in 3.0.2): Auto-fill from web features in Inventory Manager don't work.
- Bug Fix: Corrected MBS registration issue in the Inventory Manager window.
- Bug Fix: No longer crashes when opening the Inventory Manager on Windows.
- Bug Fix: Now correctly imports music item tracks from Librarian Pro 2.x.
- Bug Fix: Removes Inventory Manager flicker on Windows.
- Bug Fix: Properly halts/restarts search when typing in Web Finder.
- Version 3.0 — August 9, 2013
- New Feature: 'Reveal in Library' contextual menu item option when right-clicking items
- New Feature: Ability to checkout the same item more than once, ignore quantity field.
- New Feature: Added 'IfThisIs*Page' conditions to HTML templates.
- New Feature: Added 'ItemPageURL' variable to HTML templates.
- New Feature: Added 'ItemPageURL' variable to HTML templates.
- New Feature: Added blu-ray region codes.
- New Feature: Added librarianpro:// handler that'll accept the following commands: newlibrary,openhomedatabase,opendatabasefrompath,additem,finditem,showitem,returnitem.
- New Feature: Added ListPriceCurrency field
- New Feature: Added miscellaneous item type to the 'Basic Information' template.
- New Feature: Added Music->Orchestra field
- New Feature: Added NewValueCurrency field
- New Feature: Added PurchasePriceCurrency field
- New Feature: Added PurchaseURL field
- New Feature: Added SalePriceCurrency field
- New Feature: Added Software->Version field
- New Feature: Added total track count to Music item type as data provider.
- New Feature: Added URL field
- New Feature: Added UsedValueCurrency field
- New Feature: Added Wanted field
- New Feature: Auto-save after X minutes.
- New Feature: Batch edit.
- New Feature: Borrowed flag shown on items in library view that have been checked out.
- New Feature: Borrower menu items moved to an entirely new menu instead of in File.
- New Feature: Borrowers are now viewed like a collection.
- New Feature: Can now 'view on amazon'/ebay/barnes and noble for any item. If no item code is specified, it'll search for the ISBN/EAN/Product name
- New Feature: Can now assign Record Type on import, will default to General Item if value does not match expectations.
- New Feature: Can now edit default combo box values.
- New Feature: Can now hide/show collections on a pre-database level.
- New Feature: Can now rename smart collections in the edit rules window.
- New Feature: Can now return items in a borrower's history that are no longer in the library.
- New Feature: Can rename preset collection names.
- New Feature: Convert one item type to another.
- New Feature: Cover Flow-style view.
- New Feature: Create New Borrower button in the Mark as Borrowed window.
- New Feature: Dewey Decimal is now a popup menu with options.
- New Feature: Drag and drop borrowers into the confirm borrow window.
- New Feature: Drag and drop item into Mark as Borrowed screen.
- New Feature: Dragging items now shows item image.
- New Feature: Edits-down duplicate Amazon data (ie. Languages: English, English, etc.).
- New Feature: Enhanced barcode scanning via web cam. Still not perfect, but substantially better. Works best with high-resolution web cams.
- New Feature: Export window is now much smarter. Templates that do not have certain record type support will no longer be flagged as entirely invalid. Instead, they will simply prevent exporting items with the missing record types by disabling the applicable checkboxes.
- New Feature: Exporting is now completely threaded for a more pleasurable user experience.
- New Feature: Exporting to HTML now uses 24-bit PNGs instead of 8-bit - eliminating the need for FillColor.
- New Feature: Exports to latest Data Guardian 3 format.
- New Feature: Full-screen mode.
- New Feature: Gallery/list mode pings database on the fly to obtain images to load times.
- New Feature: Import borrowers from a text file.
- New Feature: Imports from the latest version of Delicious Library and Bruiji.
- New Feature: Inventory button added to toolbar and has menu hot key.
- New Feature: Items now use UUIDs instead of integers for best future compatibility.
- New Feature: Key combos to switch between tabs in item details window.
- New Feature: Loading item and borrower images in the Mark as Borrowed screen is now threaded.
- New Feature: Main window toolbar redesigned.
- New Feature: New bevelled gridlines.
- New Feature: New Last Import smart collection.
- New Feature: New lookup feature that'll open up the window for any item scanned.
- New Feature: New proper threading for importing address book records.
- New Feature: New Recently Added smart collection.
- New Feature: New SQL database format that is substantially safer from corruption!
- New Feature: Now much more evident if viewing duplicates.
- New Feature: Now remembers all last-used export settings.
- New Feature: Now remembers all last-used import settings.
- New Feature: Now shows a visual barcode in the Details tab.
- New Feature: Now tumbles to BestBuy if the item cannot be found on Amazon. Room for additional services for future use.
- New Feature: Now uses a smart folder item structure to retain a record's linked file if it temporarily goes missing and then later reappears on the disk.
- New Feature: Now uses proper date fields for all dates.
- New Feature: Parses last names so there is better sortability (optional in prefs).
- New Feature: Preferences feature to no longer ever confirm to save record entries. Assumes 'Yes' by default.
- New Feature: Preview items before creating new entries from search results.
- New Feature: Recent Menu on Mac OS X now shows parent folder name for file when the file name occurs more than once.
- New Feature: Redesigned the Borrower import window.
- New Feature: Remembers last viewed collection.
- New Feature: Revamped music track editor.
- New Feature: Reveal in Library.
- New Feature: Scope for item variables is now available globally on item-specific pages instead of just being allowed in the body.
- New Feature: Scope for page variables is now available globally instead of just the header and footer.
- New Feature: Scrollbar in the collection rules window.
- New Feature: Search borrowers in the main window.
- New Feature: Search borrowers in the Mark as Borrowed screen.
- New Feature: SKU in all details tabs.
- New Feature: Software import now links to app file in LinkToFile field.
- New Feature: Special import field type which will import the data into 'Additional Values' or 'Custom Values'
- New Feature: Summary pane which shows total value of all items in library amongst other information in pie charts.
- New Feature: Support for UPC Database.
- New Feature: Trash collection.
- New Feature: URL hyperlinked field now exposed.
- New Feature: View menu is now much more comprehensive and shows all columns that can be shown.
- New Feature: Web search results now sorted by title.
- New Feature: When choosing to show duplicates, title comparisons are now a bit smarter. They verify the compared item is of the same type.
- New Feature: When importing borrowers from Address Book, the contact address is also imported.
- New Feature: When modifying a Smart Collection the match-value type is smart. If you're matching against a date, it'll give you a date picker. If you're matching against a boolean, it'll give you a checkbox.
- New Feature: When printing the library, barcodes and stars for star ratings are now shown. URLs are underlined in blue
- New Feature: When reloading for details in an item window a search window is opened. Button added to auto-fill from downloaded data into the topmost item window.
- New Feature: Window animation effects like other Mac OS X apps.
- Bug Fix: All items in search field are no longer selected when Everywhere chosen.
- Bug Fix: Borrow button in checkout window is no longer active until a borrower is clicked.
- Bug Fix: Control placement is now correct when resizing 'Confirm Return' window.
- Bug Fix: First Read and other text-based date fields now sort correctly in the main list.
- Bug Fix: Fixed copy icon on mouse cursor when dragging between collections.
- Bug Fix: General Item template fixed.
- Bug Fix: No longer double-confirms to save changes to items when closing a window.
- Modification: Removed the option to open up in iWeb after export is complete.
- Modification: Added a new tab to every item details window for Inventory.
- Modification: All window preferences are now stored at the window-level instead of dirtying the database.
- Modification: Converted file selector bars to popup menus to be more Mac-OS-X-like.
- Modification: Ditched prevalence of Amazon ratings, integration. Focusing on a more global approach
- Modification: Dramatically simplified fill modes for web finder results.
- Modification: Elaborated on some field names in item windows.
- Modification: Increased size of item image in item details window.
- Modification: Marking an item out to a borrow that the borrower already has out will renew it.
- Modification: Modified spacing between fields in item details window.
- Modification: Now handles Inventory mode gracefully. If there are multiple items with the same UPC/ISBN, etc. the correct one is returned for the borrower who has it.
- Modification: Parses dates from Amazon. Defaults to Jan 1 of the year if there's no day or month specified.
- Modification: Price fields now require numeric input.
- Modification: Rearranged the locations of many fields.
- Modification: Removed Amazon shopping cart.
- Modification: Removed bulk-reloading for item data as it was too dangerously destructive.
- Modification: Removed preview pane from bottom of main window.
- Modification: Removed purple item header feature.
- Modification: Removed useless search bar in the Music Tracks editor.
- Modification: Renamed General Item type to Miscellaneous.
- Note: To Add/remove columns now use the View menu instead of right-clicking the main list.
- Release notes truncated to version 3.x and up only.
Older versions for legacy users
|Librarian Pro 2.2.6||Mac OS 10.6 (Intel)||March 5, 2012||18.73 MB|
|Librarian Pro 2.2.5||Windows 2000/XP||January 10, 2013||24.00 MB|
|Librarian Pro 2.2.1||Mac OS 10.4 (PPC/Intel)||October 16, 2012||20.53 MB|
|Librarian Pro 2.2.1||Windows 2000/XP||October 16, 2012||15.48 MB|