Catalog your homeIf you're like us, you have managed to create your own mini-library of books, magazines, games, CDs, software titles, and movies. It is difficult to sort through all of them to see which ones you have on file, or to find where you last shelved a particular one. Librarian Pro is a complete personal inventory system!
Organize and manage your collectionOrganize items into smart collections, add them to the in-program Amazon shopping cart, mark them as lent out to friends, and even export for the web or your iPod! Librarian Pro also supports importing from other cataloging applications like Delicious Library and DVDpedia.
Auto-fill from AmazonSearch for items in-program on Amazon by author, artist, title, and keyword. Details will automatically fill into new items - including product images! Additionally, up to five Amazon reviews are also retrieved for your reading pleasure. Afterward, even add your own reviews!
Versatile cross-platform compatibilityLibrarian Pro's databases are fully compatible with both the Mac OS X and Windows versions. Additionally, one license will grant activation for both copies of the application. Download the free fifteen day trial and have serenity return to your media collections.
Pro-user features made easy
- Organize items into smart collections
- Create multiple databases for different locations
- Reload details for items from Amazon
- View a borrowed items list
- Filter out duplicate inventory items
- Shop on Amazon from within the program
- Compatible with Amazon Canada, USA, United Kingdom, Japan, Germany and France
- Sleek Mac-like modern feel and controls
- View item details on the fly in the main window
- Display items in list or icon mode
- Import from Delicious Library
- Import from DVDpedia, Bookpedia, CDpedia, Gamepedia
- Import iTunes Albums
- Import Borrowers from Address Book (Mac OS X)
- Export to the web
- Export to your iPod
- Manage a list of borrower accounts
- Create records for software, music, movies, games, and books!
- Review items with a five-star system
Licenses to suit your needs
Single-user or One Computer
|More details on license types can be found on our License FAQ.|
|Apps For Macs||Create Magazine|
"Extremely user-friendly and compatible with third parties. Can seamlessly import all sorts of data from Address Book, Delicious Library, iTunes, and even Amazon! I honestly couldn't be more impressed." — Donna Peters
"This app made having my own home library not only so much easier, but also a lot of fun. I can lend out movies or books to friends without needing to worry about remembering who has what. It's all right here in the app." — David Love
"I love how you can just straight-up scan things in with the barcode scanner. So simple and friendly. Delicious Library is a thing of the past for me after using this one. I think I need to settle down 'cause I'm about to go and recommend this to everyone I know at this rate." — Kelly Nethers
"There's a comfort in knowing that all your possessions are categorized and logged neatly all in one place. My house got broken into a couple of years back and I only wish I'd had this app to look back on and figure out what was missing after the fact. So incredibly useful and easy to apply to your every day life. I swear I'll never live another day without it." — Justin Gus
"Delicious Library really limits what you can do with it once you've actually put a collection into the database. Librarian Pro has no limits whatsoever. I think I've officially been converted… so long, Delicious. It's been fun." — Jesse Man
"No limits. I was sold on this one the first time I ever used it. You can make your databases as simple or as complicated as you like - the limits here are entirely up to you. Another bonus is that it's compatible with both Mac and Windows. I'm just waiting for an iOS version to take with me on the go and my life will be complete. Keep at it, Koingo. You guys are wonderful." — Ashleigh Black
"This isn't just an inventory system. It's an incredible one. Better than anything else I've ever used. Not only is it superior to Delicious Library in my opinion, it's also compatible with it - how can you argue with that? This app has saved me so much time and stress I feel the least I can do is write it a golden review. 10/10 and two thumbs up here for sure." — Luke Jackson
"Beautiful, incredibly user-friendly interface. Does everything that other home inventory apps do and then some. I don't feel any need at all to search for an alternative to compare to like I have before with other apps. I believe I've reached the end of the road here after finding this one and the view is breathtaking. Highly, highly recommended." — Marie Jenkins
"You can use this app for anything, not just movies and books! I was very pleasantly surprised when I discovered the dynamics of this app and all the possibilities that came with it. I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I'm glad I do now. I won't be using anything else for as long as I live." — Bary Dickins
"I can't believe how much this app doesn't even compare with its competition. It blows them all right out of the water, no questions asked. Even Delicious Library takes a backseat to Librarian Pro, and I've used Delicious forever. Looks like it's out with the old and in with the new and absolutely brilliant." — Ashton Bates
Detailed list of changes
- Version 3.x is a $15.95 paid upgrade from version 2.x and earlier. If you already own a 3.x license, just download this update. No payment required. For everyone else, please visit our upgrades store for a free or paid upgrade as well as more information.
- Version 3.x is designed for Mac OS X 10.7 and Windows Vista or later. Versions for older systems can now be downloaded on our web site.
- Version 3.1.2 — October 29, 2014
- Coming Soon: Import Publishing Date from Amazon.
- Coming Soon: Crash importing DL2 database.
- Coming Soon: Use custom fields in list view.
- Coming Soon: Steam/Raptr API.
- Coming Soon: When I make a change to my database, e.g. deleting an item, and then save the database (File->Save), LP presents a warning dialog informing me that the database has been changed (duh! that's why I'm saving!) and do I really want to save? This sort of warning is appropriate if you try to close a database with unsaved changes, but it is unnecessary and annoying when I am actually trying to do the save. Please eliminate this warning, or at least provide a preference to turn it off.
- Coming Soon: PC: My preferred view is list. With v 2 there was no problem. With v 3 every time I reload, the view goes back to gallery. Also, when I submitted this through the program bug report, the program crashed..
- Coming Soon: After a hide collection in the side, on next app launch, the collection reappears..
- Coming Soon: Retina web cam image drawing incorrectly.
- Coming Soon: Smart date fields that allow just year.
- Coming Soon: The fields autofilled from the Web Finder for Developer should actually be labelled Publisher (and the developer field would be switched into the "Details" section, or both the Developer and Publisher could be put into the "Basic" section) as right now it auto-fills the Publishers name, when it appears in the details section to be filled manually (currently).
- Coming Soon: Allow downloading item images in bulk in the main window.
- Coming Soon: Items with really long titles should crop their title text on top of their artwork.
- Coming Soon: Dramatic improvements for Gallery view mode and caching pre-rendered images to disk.
- Coming Soon: Retina version doesn't show web cam preview in the correct area.
- Bug Fix: Fixed type mismatch in auto complete code.
- Version 3.1.1 — October 9, 2014
- Bug Fix: Specifying a custom location for Delicious Library 3 files now works.
- Bug Fix: Fixed incorrect UI progress while importing from DL3.
- Bug Fix: Fixed crashes while importing from DL3 if there were missing info elements in the DB.
- Version 3.1.1 — October 9, 2014
- Bug Fix: No longer crashes when downloading product images in the item details window and the window is closed prematurely.
- Bug Fix: Fixed bug marking item as lent out to users when user already had a history with the item.
- Bug Fix: No longer crashes when importing from Gamepedia.
- Version 3.1 — October 9, 2014
- Bug Fix: Right-clicking items and borrowers no longer results in a faulty contextual menu.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue that would start a drag immediately when clicking on an item instead of waiting for for the cursor to move 1 pixel.
- Version 3.0.9 — April 12, 2014
- Modification: Dramatic enhancements to the web cam barcode scanner.
- Bug Fix: Selection rect for borrower icons in Gallery mode.
- Bug Fix: Shows warning when hiding a static/special smart collection.
- Bug Fix: Fixed double contextual menu separators from showing twice in a row when clicking the cog in the main window when having the Borrowers collection selected.
- Bug Fix: Seems to warn that the library has been modified since last save outside the app.
- Bug Fix: Option to NOT show the item window and still search the web for items in the Inventory Manager works again.
- Bug Fix: Drop down icon in the Inventory Manager search field now shows again.
- Bug Fix: Changing list size in Gallery View mode no longer draws incorrect graphic sizes.
- Bug Fix: Inventory Manager now attempts to find items by UPC, EAN or ISBN first (instead of title) when first opening up the Web Finder browser.
- Version 3.0.8 — April 7, 2014
- Bug Fix: Fixed parsing named dates (ie. December 15, 2012) from old XML-style Librarian Pro 2 databases.
- Bug Fix: Fixed crash deleting CD tracks.
- Bug Fix: Reverted to original non-caching item image format to address a number of issues with incorrect caching. We'll eventually move to a more RAM-efficient system. For now, please consider avoiding Gallery view mode as it is very memory intensive.
- Version 3.0.7 — February 6, 2014
- Bug Fix: Fixed crash on quit due to incorrectly assigning a dictionary array as an object array when going to CFPreferences.
- Bug Fix: Fixed issue with UI elements showing as black boxes.
- Version 3.0.6 — February 3, 2014
- New Feature: Click the header bar in the Web Finder window to reveal a list of all results.
- Bug Fix: Import/Export no longer hangs the app.
- Bug Fix: Deleting items actually moves them out of the collections now and into the Trash instead of just hidding them in the collections.
- Version 3.0.5 — January 22, 2014
- New Feature: iTunes import now includes Composer and Genres.
- New Feature: Show results from web finder as they become available instead of waiting for all results.
- New Feature: Moved 'A ' for sort value in items to behind word.
- Modification: Windows builds can no longer import from iTunes.
- Disregarded Bug: European decimals (comma: ,) when entering list price, etc. do not get honoured as a decimal when saving DB. We could not reproduce this error. In fact, it seems impossible to even enter a price with a comma instead of a decimal.
- Bug Fix: Fixed sorting in the main list for prices, dates, etc.
- Bug Fix: Sidebar width doesn't save on closing database.
- Bug Fix: Removing track items in a Music item type no longer causes a crash.
- Bug Fix: Removed hot key to go next/prev in the Item Details window as it was conflicting with the default ctrl-left/right arrow on Windows in text fields.
- Release notes truncated to version 3.x and up in 2014 only.
Older versions for legacy users
|Librarian Pro 2.2.1||Mac OS 10.4 (PPC/Intel)||Sep 7, 2012||19.58 MB|
|Librarian Pro 2.2.1||Windows 2000/XP||Sep 7, 2012||14.76 MB|
|Librarian Pro 2.2.5||Windows 2000/XP||Dec 27, 2012||22.89 MB|
|Librarian Pro 2.2.6||Mac OS 10.6 (Intel)||Jan 10, 2013||17.86 MB|
|Librarian Pro 3.0.5||Mac OS 10.6 (Intel)||Jan 24, 2014||26.36 MB|
|Final release that will work on Mac OS X 10.6.|